It’s official. We’re completely addicted to the newest social media phenomenon: Pinterest. The concept is simple, but especially for DIY brides, the reward is huge. Now you have a place where you can collect everything that inspires you. Brides can browse thousands of wedding flowers, wedding cakes, and wedding venues. They can gather DIY wedding projects and recipes at the click of a button. Planning a wedding has never been this easy. If you see a wedding hair picture you like, just repin it to your Wedding Hair board. It really is that simple. No more filtering through a Google Image search to find exactly what you’re looking for. So without further ado, here are five reasons why we love Pinterest:
- Everyone likes looking at pretty pictures. Visual marketing is the new craze. People are sick of reading status updates, and text-heavy articles. They want something that is short, sweet, and inspiring.
- It makes you feel important. At this time, Pinterest is relatively exclusive. You have to get an invitation from a Pinterest member in order to start a new account. On top of that, you can only activate your new Pinterest account with a Facebook or Twitter account. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will send you an invite.
- It is home to the most DELICIOUS recipes we’ve ever seen. This may be completely irrelevant, but if you’re having a comfort food craving, Pinterest is the place for you.
- It can only get better from here. Pinterest is still in its early stages of development, and every week, changes and updates are made to the site that just make it that much better and easier to navigate.
- You can easily link your Pinterest account to other social media accounts, and allow it to automatically feed. Gone are the days of posting to each individual account. Let your Pinterest account manually feed to your Twitter and Facebook accounts, and you won’t even have to lift a finger.
So after reading all this, give me one good reason why you shouldn’t join Pinterest. Bet you can’t think of any.