You can create your own wedding bouquet with silk flowers and use the leftover materials to create your groom’s boutonniere. See how below!
Follow these easy steps to create your own bouquet and boutonniere.
1) First you will need to gather the supplies. For this project you will need silk flowers, floral tape, pixie pins, boutonniere pins, ribbon, scissors, glue gun, and wire cutters.
2) For the next step you want to decide how you want your bouquet to look. Once you have your design idea, start taping your flowers together a few at a time. Tape three or four together, then add a few more and tape it again.
3) Once you have all the flowers taped together that you want in your bouquet, you need to tape the stems from top to bottom.
4) Now that your bouquet is formed and taped up, you can use your wire cutters to cut the stems and create a nice clean line at the bottom of your bouquet. Take your ribbon and pin it to the front of your bouquet to secure it in place. Then you can start to wrap it around the base of your bouquet to cover the tape.
5) Cut the ribbon at the end and use your glue gun to secure the bottom. I decided to add another ribbon to create a crisscross pattern and used the glue gun to secure it as well. Then I added another pixie pin for extra hold and decoration.
You’ve officially finished your bouquet! Now we will move on to the boutonniere.
6) You will need the same supplies and to pick some elements from your bouquet to create your boutonniere with. Here is what mine look like.
7) Put the flowers together in the design that you like, then just like with the bouquet you tape them together with the floral tape and snip the bottom off with the wire cutters.
8) Cut a piece of the ribbon you used on your bouquet and secure it to your boutonniere with the glue gun. Wrap it around the bottom, cut the end, and secure with the glue gun. I decided to add a little more detail with another ribbon around that. Once the boutonniere is together, all you need is a boutonniere pin and you’re finished!
Now you have a matching bouquet and boutonniere!