Are you planning a Star Wars Theme Wedding? Yes? Fantastic! You can’t help but get into the craze, and why should you, so jump in and make your own wedding boutonnieres!
Do or do not, there is no try. These bouts are so simple you won’t have any problem making your own, even if you are just a DIY Padawan.
Here we go!
Follow these steps:
1. Cut the stem off of your main flower. Leave about 3″ of stem. Do not discard the remaining wire stem. You will need it later.
2. Clip a spray of Dusty Miller from the bush. If there are too many leaves you can simply pull them off until you like the look.
3. Attach the Dusty Miller to the Anemone by wrapping the stems in floral tape. Floral tape needs to be pulled a little to get it to stick to itself. This does not need to be perfect because you will be wrapping the stems again for the finished look.
4. Using the leftover wire stem from the Anemone, create a 1″ hook at the end by simply bending it. Hold it up to the boutonniere and cut any remaining stem using wire cutters.
5. Remove the head off of the PEZ dispenser. (Bonus- You now get to eat all the PEZ!)
6. Make sure the hook will fit snuggly inside Chewy’s head. If it feels a little loose you can use hot glue to attach it securely, but wait to do that until the very end. Remove Chewy’s head (NO! But seriously, you won’t need it for the next step) and set it aside.
7. Attach the hook to the boutonniere using stem wrap. This time you will want to thoroughly wrap the stems so you cannot see any wire. Take your time. The best part about faux flowers and stem wrap… if you don’t like how it looks you can always start over.
8. When you are happy with the final wrap you can put Chewbacca’s head back on the hook, secure with hot glue if necessary.
Aaaaarhg Ahhhhrrrr! That Wookie looks great and is ready to walk down the aisle!