Any wedding is full of an array of endless details. Being able to accomplish it all you have to divide and conquer. Finding DIY projects you can conquer and prep will save you on money and time. Reception napkin designs are a perfect example of a DIY wedding project that will save you money and at the same time allow you to add a few personal touches to your wedding day.
Here are 3 DIY wedding napkin ideas that each only take 3 steps to create. Pick a style, your materials and enlist a few friends or work on your own. Any level DIYer can conquer these projects and you’ll be left with the perfect accent on your reception tables that you created yourself!
Rustic, Romantic Lavender
This rustic lavender napkin design is light and romantic a fitting accent to your country wedding table setting. The napkin is loosely folded reminiscent of a handkerchief, tied with white chiffon and a sprig of lavender. This design holds a bit of nostalgia, thinking back to the days when grandma entertained and put time and care into the little touches.
To prep the DIY rustic lavender napkins start by separating sprigs of lavender from your bundles, pre-measure and cut your chiffon ribbon to the desired measurement. Know how many place settings you will need for your reception and get that many napkins, lavender sprigs and pieces of ribbon ready. You can assemble your napkins all in one sitting with some help from a few friends or work on them over a bit of time until you complete the amount needed.
- Loosely fold each napkin into quarters so it looks like a piece of pie.
- Place the sprig of lavender in the center just so the top lies over the point in your napkin.
- Gather the chiffon ribbon around the two at the end of the lavender and tie a loose bow. A tip if you are prepping napkins ahead of time first tie a tight double knot with the ribbon so it does not come loose and untied, then finish with a loose bow.
The rustic lavender napkin will be a beautiful, soft touch to your table decor. Pair with a lace overlay on the table and tied lavender bundles or wheat stalks for a romantic rustic look.
Labeled and Natural
This folded linen napkin with vintage tag label and pine cone are a fun take on your reception place settings. It’s neutral and natural palette will go with any wedding color scheme. This DIY napkin is a fresh,non traditional take on reception napkins that will make your guests smile; a perfect fit for any fall, barn or country wedding. What you’ll need: off white linen napkin, twine, vintage tag label and pine cone.
- Fold your napkin horizontally and then again in half twice.
- Pass twine through the tag label and tie around the folded napkin, tying it off in the back.
- Leave the pinecones to lay next to or on the napkin once its on the place setting.
This is such a quick and easy DIY project you could accomplish in one night while watching TV. Have fun with your tag labels and stamp or print with words and pictures. Stick with something fun like EAT, or go with your name and wedding date, a stamped fall leave or a special thank you to guests.
A folded pocket napkin showcases reception menus for guests and can also be paired with a flower accent, favor or escort card. It will be a great decor focal point atop guests place settings. Choose colored cloth napkins to coordinate with your wedding, reception decor and they will bring a beautiful accent of color to all your reception tables. This DIY napkin can easily be assembled before hand. It is an ideal cheap wedding design idea, using products, napkins, menu, escort card or favor, as a beautiful decor item on your tables.
- Fold your napkins in half horizontally. At the bottom fold over a slight lip an inch or two in and then at the same end, the bottom, fold it up to the middle of the napkin.
- With your napkin still laying horizontally take the two ends and tuck them under. You will be left with a pocket in the middle, center of the napkin.
- Tuck your reception menu into the pocket. Accent with a flower or favor slid in with the menu or a escort card, favor laid on top. Like the bird’s nest pictured.
The use of a colored napkin in this style is important, if you use a light cream or white napkin and then lay it over white plates they will wash each other out. Choose a color that will accent and bring attention to your centerpiece.
Easy as 1, 2, 3 with 3 different styles to choose from. Personalize your reception tables with one of these easy and budget friendly DIY napkin designs, customize your colors and materials to fit your theme.