Add a little sparkle to your rustic wedding decor. This DIY centerpiece is easy and fun! Follow these simple steps and find affordable supplies at Afloral.com
1) Gather the supplies. You will need a rustic wooden container, cake topper, adhesive spray, metallic spray paint & glitter, floral foam, your favorite cream colored faux flowers (we choose white roses), greenery (we choose eucalyptus), painters tape, a knife, and wire cutters.
2) If you have choosen an unpainted cake topper, the first thing you will do is paint it. We choose to use gold spray paint.
3) While you are waiting for the first coat of spray paint to dry on your cake topper you can begin assembling the centerpiece. The first step will be to tape off your wooden container. Leave one to two inches on the bottom of the container, depending on its size. Spray the bottom of the container with adhesive and sprinkle generously with glitter. Work one side at a time. Give the glitter several minutes to adhere to the glue before you continue to Step 4. Right before you are ready to move to the next step, tap the container gently to get rid of any loose glitter.
4) Measure the length of the containers opening and cut the floral foam to fit inside. This is also a good time to check your cake topper. If the front is dry, flip the sign over and spray paint the back.
5) Prepare the flowers to be arranged. If you are using one of our pre-made bouquets you will need to remove the binding from the stems and seperate the flowers. Use one flower to determine where to cut the stem by holding it next to the containter. Bend the wire stem until you are pleased with the height and cut the remaining stem with wire cutters. Cut all the flower stems to match.
6) Insert the flowers into the floral foam in the container.
7) When you are happy with the look of the flowers, add your greenery. You may need to seperate and cut individual stems from the greenery you have choosen. Add the stems to the arrangement until you have reached your desired look.
8) Remove the painters tape from the container.
9) When your cake topper is throughly dry insert it into the middle of the floral arrangement.
You are now finished! Accent your arrangement with a rustic burlap or a sparkling sequin table runner. Add some candle votives and you have the perfect rustic wedding centerpiece!