Make this easy and fun ribbon wedding backdrop for your special day! Great for an arch or photos backdrop. Easy to make, all you need is a dowel from the hardware store a glue gun, ribbon, and cheap flowers from Afloral.com.
Check out these easy steps to make your own ribbon backdrop.
1) First gather your supplies; various colors of ribbon, silk flowers, glue gun, scissors, pins, a pencil, and a wooden dowel. You could also use a shower curtain rod, or design to go on a wedding arch.
2) Next measure the length of the ribbon that will hang from the dowel. Cut all the lengths of ribbon that you plan to use. Then wrap around rod at top.
3) Next using a hot glue gun, glue to loop of ribbon wrapped around the dowel to secure it. Use a pencil to push down on ribbon while it is drying, so you don’t burn your fingers. The glue will be very hot.
4) After all ribbons have been looped on dowel and secured with hot glue, then hang the ribbon backdrop so that you can cut any ribbon to lengths you desire. You can then plan the placement of the silk flowers on the ribbon.
5) Finally clip the stems off of silk flowers then, secure the flower heads onto the back of the ribbon at spaced intervals with pins.
Then sit back and enjoy your handy work!